FILAMENT HANGER ASSEMBLY GUIDE
(included in Universal 3D Printer Enclosure kit)
x2 608 bearings
x8+ M6 bolts
x8+ M6 nuts
x2+ M6 washers
An alternative to the FILAMENT HOLDER is the FILAMENT HANGER, where you can hang the filament from the inside of the enclosure. This may be particularly interesting to Prusa Mini or Creality Ender owners due to the filament feeding mechanism.
Begin by printing all parts listed below in the correct quantity. Remember that these parts are mirror images, so you have to print a different right and left piece (not just 2 of each).
Filament Hanger Print List
|Right Short Side||1|
|Right Long Side||1|
|Left Short Side||1|
|Left Long Side||1|
|*Hanging Bar||1 or 3 depending on your selection|
*There are 3 versions of the "Hanging Bar" -- the STANDARD, EXTRA-LONG, or FULL-LENGTH set (SIDE & MIDDLE)
Deciding on the Hanging Bar
If you decide to use the EXTRA-LONG HANGING BAR, you WILL NOT be able to use the 10mm Cross Support Plexiglass Piece in that area. This piece is designed where the Filament Hanger sits parallel to the door (useful for Creality Ender series 3D printers). We suggest printing the CROSS-SUPPORT ANGLE to add additional support to the ceiling.
The FULL-LENGTH SET requires 3 prints (x2 SIDE HANGING BARS and x1 MIDDLE HANGING BAR). This print IS compatible with the PRUSA MINI and similar-sized printers as the length of all pieces is short enough to fit on the bed when positioned diagonally.
We will walk through 1 side of the assembly; just repeat for the opposite side.
1. Insert 2 nuts into the longer piece of the assembly.
2. Insert 2 BEARING SPACERS into one of the included bearings.
3. Fix the bearing to the longer piece as shown below.
4. Insert 2 bolts into the remaining holes with the LEVER between the two pieces as shown below.
5. The final side piece should look similar to what is shown below.
6. Repeat the same process above for the other side.
7. Attach the HANGING BAR to the ceiling as shown below.
8. Slide both sides onto the Hanging Bar and use the levers to lock the pieces into place.